Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa Came!



Merry Christmas from our house to yours.
We must have been nice because Santa left these packages.

Abby's color scheme was Kermit the Frog green and red.

Puffball bow. Instructions below.



Cut 7 circles out of wool felt.


Cut two slits in each circle



String circles onto ribbon
You can either leave them like this or


Pull the circles up tight and tie a knot in the ribbon
to make a puffball bow.


Simply glue a Styrofoam ball onto top of package.


Use an old antique belt buckle.


Anthony's color scheme was brown, green and red.
Since I was very late shopping for my gift wrap the good "guy"
wrap was all gone so I had to be creative.

I used my markers to add blue, red and brown dots to the green paper.
Just simple ribbon wrapped around the package - no bow.
This is nice if you have to pack or mail the gifts - no bows to get crushed.



Again, no bow - just ribbon and a pinecone.



Add a bright shiny bulb.


I thought I was being pretty creative however, I think son Anthony might have outdone me.
He wrapped his presents in fabric. Lord knows we all have plenty.



Note from Anthony:
Spray starch fabric first.
Duck tape is the only tape that sticks to fabric.
If you cut the duck tape right the ribbon will cover it.
Iron edges and ends for a crisp finish.
Have your mom add ribbons and adornment.



Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas

From my heart,

Sandy

8 comments :

  1. What a lot of lovely ideas! I wish I'd seen yours before I wrapped mine and left for holdays. Too late now, we've had Christmas in Australia, and my quilts went over a treat!Happy Chrismas, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony sure got creative!! Kudos to him!!!

    And I love the color scheme he picked out for himself.

    Does he follow in his Mom's footsteps?

    But, I have to say - who doesn't love a little Kermit now and then? LOL


    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What simple elegance! Thanks for the ideas, and a Merry Christmas to you!
    Leslie S. in MN
    esclante(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. wOw, Anthony sure is creative, he even gave us a tutorial on wrapping with fabric!

    The gifts look beautiful!

    merry merry
    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry (belated) Christmas !! What GORGEOUS packages !!! You all are EXPERT wrappers !!! If my packages looked that good, nobody would be allowed to tear them open !

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you order your wool felt online or is there a store you like to purchase it from? i only ask because we don't have a huge variety of fabric stores in the area...one really. and i've wanted to get some wool felt but every time i call stores that would be a drive, they don't have it...so i don't drive there. really loved the felt flower idea. sorry to bother you. everything you touch is picture perfect!

    noelle
    missgooty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lucky to even have the gifts wrapped so I'm impressed you take the time to decorate them so nicely as well! I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I have a feeling Abby and I are going to be calling you for more sewing help!

    ReplyDelete