Monday, February 7, 2011

Pillow Talk Day 7

Welcome to day 7 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop.

Okay before we get to today's post, I need to clear up a spelling error from yesterday. I was sitting on the COUCH with my tea not on the COACH. This error could have something to do with the fact that my DH was sitting in the car - with the motor running - outside my studio, waiting for me to get my blog posted so we could go to Des Moines for the weekend. Now on with the blog hop.


Today's featured designer is Lynne Hagmeier from Kansas Troubles. I always think of Lynne and her fabric designs as the "little black dress" of Moda.
Like a little black dress - her designs and colors seldom change - but they are always in style.
Hop on over to her blog to see what she has to offer for us today.

Lynn is also known for knowing where a good antique spot can be found. As many of you know I collect children's paint tins. At the last market that I attended Lynne gave me this adorable antique paint tin. I love it because it is red, my favorite color, and it is completely different than any of my other tins.




Like I said Lynne knows all of the good spots.
I am pretty sure it is Mary.
Who had a little lamb.
Who followed her to school one day.

I thought it was such a cute picture that I would use it for the subject of today's painting.
I updated Mary a bit. She now is more the era of what I might have looked like walking to school.
I also put Mary Jane shoes on her. Red ones of course.
I have titled the painting…


Mary Had a Little...Pair of Mary Janes.

I really don’t know why it did not occur to me
as I was buying these little mini canvases
that I probably would also need some mini paint brushes.
It's kind of hard to paint little details with a medium sized brush.
Dah.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with the talented Kate Spain.

February 1st … Aneela Hoey

February 2ndBlackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek

February 4thBunny Hill

February 5thCotton Way

February 6thFig Tree

February 7thKansas Troubles

February 8thKate Spain

February 9thKathy Schmitz Studios

February 10thThimbleblossoms

February 11thMe and My Sister Designs

February 12thMinick & Simpson

February 13thOliver + S

February 14thPieces From My Heart

February 15thLaurie & Jessi Jung

February 16thSweetwater

February 17th...Barbara Brackman
February 18thDeb Strain

February 19th … American Jane

February 20thPrimitive Gatherings


Do something you enjoy today - Like quilting - or antiquing... to buy a friend a gift she will always cherish.

From my heart,
Sandy

11 comments :

  1. The details in this are so tiny! I love the colors, and the title! My favorite one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is darling but I know you aren't as old as that dress! Since my name is Mary, I've always liked that rhyme. And I've always always always believed that every little girl should have red Mary Janes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't imagine how much better your paintings will be with the right brush ... they are so great as they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mary's Mary-Janes, most of all because they ARE red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary is so cute! She actually lived just down the street from where I live, only about 200 years ago! The school house where she brought her little lamb still stands today on the property of the Wayside Inn in Sudbury. Henry Ford had it moved there from the town of Sterling.

    I bet the real Mary never had such cute shoes though!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the little tease! I spell for a living (medical transcriptionist) so I am an automatic editor. This certainly hasn't stopped me from making errors of my own, however!

    Adorable tin and painting. Mary looks quite stylish with her dots and dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute Mary is - all updated and modern looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sandy! I love the tin, and your Mary painting, and, those little worn out sandals in the blurred background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this painting. Mary in her mary janes looks so sweet. It would look really nice in my little girls room.... Dreamin' on.

    ReplyDelete