Saturday, February 19, 2011

Moda Pillow Talk Day 19 And the Winners!

Welcome to day 19 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop.



Thank you for waiting an extra day for me to post the winners.
Thanks to all who tried very hard to guess all of the fabrics.
I apologize to all of you who trashed your sewing room, have eye strain
and had children going without lunch because you were googling Sandy Gervais fabric.


Sadly no one was able to guess all 16 fabrics correctly.
Here are the answers and the year each line was designed.
Row 1
Tranquility 2008
God Bless America 1997 (No one was able to guess this one)
Sweet Potato Pie 2005
Hearts Aflutter 2006
Baby Talk 2000
Pheasant Run 1999
Fall Back In Time 2007
Dear Santa 2001

Row 2
Gobble Gobble 2009
Happy Hollow 2002
Pieces From My Heart 1995
Bittersweet & Boo 2004
A Children's Choir 1998
The Great Outdoors 1996 (no one was able to guess this one.)
Frolic 2010
Bundle Up 2003

I used random.org for the winners.
#476 is Lois from Carrollton Texas, you won the "Guessing the Fabrics" drawing. Please email me with your preference of either my pillow and the picture or the Lovely fat quarter bundle and the picture. (I will admit that is a bit of a no-brainer.)

Taylor Kate You won the "Leave a Comment Drawing".
You will be receiving a Fat Quarter Bundle of Lovely.


And the rest of the winners are:
Hot quilts
Syd

Jodie


Deb



Gwen



Will you all please email me your addresses so I can send your prizes.
Many of you emailed me about listing all of my fabric lines.
I will list them in tomorrow's post along with other bits and piece of Sandy Gervais/Moda history.

Today's featured designer is Sandy Kolp of American Jane.
Sandy is known for her crayon box colors and her interesting quilts.
Her quilts are WAY above my quilting abilities.
For a recent Quilt Market School House, Moda Lissa
sent all the designers a huge box of half square triangles made
from every designer's fabrics.
We were all to make a quilt using all or some of these triangles.


This is my quilt.
Notice all of the "fill"? (The solid brown and cream.)
I chose to use SOME of the triangles.



This is Sandy' Kolp's quilt.
When she unfolded this I just wanted to "bitch slap" her.
(And I mean that in the most kind and flattering way.)
She used all the triangles and made some more!
A bit of an overachiever – wouldn't you say?
I have to make an update here.
Have you seen the quilt she has posted on the blog today?
I just have to say DOUBLE bitch slap! :-)
Like I said WAY beyond my quilting skills.

Sandy has not yet joined the blog world so you can find her on Moda's blog.
Hop on over to see the pillow of the day. I am sure it will be interesting.

The subject of today's painting is a little pig.
I have titled today's picture…



Overachiever.
This little pig was able to balance on the top of one pincushion.
Then she pushed herself…
and became an overachiever.


Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings.
February 1st … Aneela Hoey
February 2ndBlackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek
February 4thBunny Hill

February 5thCotton Way

February 6thFig Tree

February 7thKansas Troubles

February 8thKate Spain

February 9thKathy Schmitz Studios

February 10thThimbleblossoms

February 11thMe and My Sister Designs

February 12thMinick & Simpson

February 13thOliver + S

February 14thPieces From My Heart
February 15thLaurie & Jessi Jung

February 16thSweetwater

February 17th...Barbara BrackmanFebruary 18thDeb Strain

February 19thAmerican Jane

February 20thPrimitive Gatherings

February 21 - Laundry Basket Quilts

And we have added one more.February 22 - Lissa Alenxander from Moda Lissa
Push yourself to achieve greatness and you just might become...an overachiever.

From my heart.
Sandy

17 comments :

  1. Congrats to the winners and thanks for all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I won. Thanks for all of the fun. I can hardly wait until tomorrow to learn all of the lines and more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing my butt off right now! I just read in 2 different blocks that "Sandy Gervais is the sweetest, nicest person..." and then you are on here bitch slapping over achievers. You are way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - blogs...I meant blogs, not blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! I didn't realize that you Moda gals were so feisty with one another... Hmmmm...kind of gives me a whole different perspective on this fabric designing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners ... Yay for them!! Sandy, your reaction to the overachiever makes me love you even more!! Your my kinda gal!! Thank you so much for all the fun and I really can't wait to see your complete list of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Can't tell you how excited I was this morning as I was reading your new post, scrolling down and sawy my Mandy's picture pop up on the screen! :-) Congratulations to all the winners and THANK YOU so much, Sandy! What a great way to start off the weekend! :-)
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing the story on all your lines! I didn't start quilting until the very end of the 90's so have not seen your earlier lines.

    Congrats to the winners.

    Love the piggie. I would be with you--I'm not an overachiever but I have made a quilt of your design with a LOT of HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could look as cute as your little piggy, I'd love to become an overachiever!

    I would love to see each of the fabric lines you have designed and know the names of them. I've worked with a few over the past few years, and have loved every one of them.

    Congrats to the lucky winners!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to have won! Thanks so much! It's been fun reading everyones comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny on the overachiever painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to all the winners - lucky you!
    Love your overachiever pic, Sandy! Your post today gave me a real laugh, but I think there are a whole bunch of overachievers at Moda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should be very proud of your half square quilt. I think it is amazing and I actually like yours better. You should make a pattern for it ( if you haven't ).

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! i can't believe i won! thank you so so much! congrats to everyone else, too! :D

    this post is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Little Miss Pink Piggie is most definitely an "Overachiever"...could it be that the painter is too? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to all of the winners!

    I started laughing out loud when I read this post. Still laughing at the overachievers! LOL!!!

    Yes, I did miss part of my lunch while googling for your fabric lines. :-)

    I'm looking forward to you sharing with us all of your fabric lines. I'm in awe that there were 89! And here I thought I was doing well when I found about 46 lines (give or take a few).

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to all the winners....and thank you for drawing my name! I'm thrilled and my address is in an email back to you! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete