Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moda Pillow Talk Day 16

Welcome to day 16 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop.





Before we get to today's designer I have a news flash.
MORE PRIZES to sweeten the deal!



Moda sent me more items than I requested. They are the greatest!
I will add another Fat Quarter Bundle, and a Fat Eighth Bundle of Lovely to the prizes. This way both the winner of the fabric swatches AND the winner of the " just leave a comment" will both have the opportunity to win a Fat Quarter Bundle.
Hurry, hurry you only have until Midnight tonight to make your
guesses, comments or both to be eligible for the prizes.
As of 11:00 last night no one has guessed all the fabrics correctly. (I have not checked beyond that time.)
The closest is 11 correct guesses.
You are all welcome to try again...and again.
Scroll down to Day 14 to leave you guesses and comments.

Today's featured designer is Karla Eisenach of Sweetwater. I love her minimalistic quilts and her simple color palettes. Hop on over to her blog to see the pillow of the day and learn a few unknowns about Karla.

Since Karla's fabrics always have some sort of pattern featuring type.
I decided a typewriter would be today's subject for my painting.
I have titled today's picture...


To the Letter.
For you young ones out there,
a typewriter is what we used before computer keyboards.
You typed directly on the paper - no computer screen.
There was no backspace key that erased your mistakes.
You had to erase them with a typewriter eraser and then retype.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with Barbara Brackman, Moda's queen of historical fabric.

February 1st … Aneela Hoey

February 2ndBlackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek

February 4thBunny Hill

February 5thCotton Way

February 6thFig Tree

February 7thKansas Troubles

February 8thKate Spain

February 9thKathy Schmitz Studios

February 10thThimbleblossoms

February 11thMe and My Sister Designs

February 12thMinick & Simpson

February 13thOliver + S

February 14thPieces From My Heart

February 15thLaurie & Jessi Jung

February 16thSweetwater

February 17th...Barbara Brackman
February 18thDeb Strain

February 19thAmerican Jane

February 20thPrimitive Gatherings

February 21 - Laundry Basket Quilts

Reconnect with someone by typing a letter - or an email today.
Or go type your comments and or guesses now, as Day 14 comments close at midnight tonight. Hurry on over here to leave your guesses or comments.

From my heart,

Sandy

16 comments :

  1. I would love to win a fabric bundle and am enjoying your paintings each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy, for the memory of a typewriter! Wow - how different it was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just leaving a comment. Love your paintings! And I'd love to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never name all the fabrics you have designed! I am new to your blog, but come every day after the pillow hop just to look at your charming mini paintings.
    Linda L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had discovered Moda and your fabric lines long enough ago to be able to identify all of them... Currently working with Giddy on a quilt... makes me smile every night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to type when I was about 7 years old, using my Dad's manual Smith Corona typewriter. It was such a great typewriter and I remember how good the keys felt under my fingers. No computer can match that!

    Your little typewriter painting is very cute!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time I told my kids to hit the 'typewriter' icon to print, they truly did laugh out loud! I had to save for months to get my first one but I certainly like word processing better. I love your little painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable typewriter! And extra prizes, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Extra Prizes! How Yummy! Your paintings are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, love this painting.
    Fits SWEETWATER "To The Letter".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute picture and I love your explanation for the youngsters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a lady of many talents..LOVE YOU and your blog..and all your talents..wow Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had to tell you how much I like your little paintings. They are so cute.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,
    Glad you explained what a typewriter is/was to the young ones. Love your fabrics and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving your little paintings, such talent!

    ReplyDelete