Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moda Pillow Talk Day 13

Welcome to day 13 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop. One day away from my day!


Today's designer is Liesl Gibson of Oliver + S. I think S stands for her daughter. Liesl has the most adorable pattern covers and website featuring paper dolls.
I am sure her pillow will be adorable. Hop on over to her blog and check it out.
Liesl, her husband and daughter live in my favorite city… New York - The Big Apple.
Oh how I love New York.
New York is so full of inspiration - the people - the architecture - the store displays - even the interesting old tile floors in the buildings.
Everywhere you turn there is inspiration.
I so could live there.
I have titled today's picture…



The Little Apple.


Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with Me!

1st … Aneela Hoey

February 2ndBlackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek

February 4thBunny Hill

February 5thCotton Way

February 6thFig Tree

February 7thKansas Troubles

February 8thKate Spain

February 9thKathy Schmitz Studios

February 10thThimbleblossoms

February 11thMe and My Sister Designs

February 12thMinick & Simpson

February 13thOliver + S

February 14thPieces From My Heart

February 15thLaurie & Jessi Jung

February 16thSweetwater

February 17th...Barbara Brackman
February 18thDeb Strain

February 19thAmerican Jane

February 20thPrimitive Gatherings

February 21 - Laundry Basket Quilts

If you haven't gone to New York - book a trip today - because in my opinion, everyone should see New York.

From my heart,
Sandy

14 comments :

  1. I HEART Apples and I HEART the "state" of New York - because I'm from Western New York, a small town about 60 miles south of Buffalo, called Olean.

    And with being said, being born and raised in Olean, NY - I've never been to the City. How bad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the adorable paintings you are doing for each designer. What a precious pillow that would make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the adorable paintings you've done on each designer. Wouldn't all those be precious on a pillow! Thanks for sharing one of you many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait till tomorrow when it's your day - Oliver & S was not my favorite! But you have something nice to say about everyone, which is how we all should be. Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I took a trip by train to NYC last May, just the two of us for 4 days. We saw a play on Broadway, took bus and boat tours, went to some cool places for dinner, did lots of fabulous shopping, walked through Central Park...a great memory making trip. But we are not city people and were very glad to get home!

    I'll take your little apple over the big apple any day!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be stalking your blog as I am anxiously awaiting what the queen of hearts has in store for us all.

    Modalissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put 2 and 2 together - Pieces from my Heart's day is VALENTINES DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little apple. I LOVE NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely LOVING your little paintings. What an adorable idea for this Pillow Hop! You are so creative. I am thrilled to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really enjoyed all your little paintings to go along with the pillow talk hop. They are so cute! Thanks for sharing them with us. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Karen M

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little canvases are so wonderful. Love the colors and the theme of each day. I admire your talent and creativity, and how you manage to keep things fresh and yet still 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have long loved your fabric designs. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely story about your treasures. I don't know the names of all your fabric lines, but I do love your fabrics and designs, and Moda in general. And I remember the quilt in this blog. It was featured in an AP&Q magazine, and underneath is this great antique cabinet. I've saved that magazine so I can have my husband re-create the cabinet for me (still waiting, I might get it sooner if I learn woodworking and make it myself! ;-)

    Thanks for the pillow pattern and wonderful giveaways. And congrats on 17 years with Moda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the freshness of your artwork - I think I would put them up on the wall in a collage! LOL Very cool.

    ReplyDelete