Thursday, February 17, 2011

Moda Pillow Talk Day 17

Welcome to day 17 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop.


Comments for my post February 14 closed last night at midnight. I will sort through them and post the winner on Friday.
Today's featured designer is Barbara Brackman.
Barbara is Moda's historical go to person. Check out what she has to offer here.

I was stumped as what to paint for Barbara's day.
What do you paint that depicts knowledge?
I have decided to paint a quilt block because
Barbara knows quilts and quilt blocks.
An appliqué block.
Because I love appliqué.
A red and white one.
Because as you know I love red.
I have named today's painting…


Someday.
Someday I want to make a quilt with this block.
I am sure Barbara could tell you what date this quilt block dates to.
Not me.
For me quilt blocks fall under 2 categories…
I Like and I Want to Make Someday.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with Deb Stain of Saltbox Illustrations.

February 1st … Aneela Hoey

February 2nd … Blackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek

February 4th … Bunny Hill

February 5th … Cotton Way

February 6th … Fig Tree

February 7th … Kansas Troubles

February 8th … Kate Spain

February 9th … Kathy Schmitz Studios

February 10th … Thimbleblossoms

February 11th … Me and My Sister Designs

February 12th … Minick & Simpson

February 13th … Oliver + S

February 14th … Pieces From My Heart

February 15th … Laurie & Jessi Jung

February 16th … Sweetwater

February 17th...Barbara Brackman
February 18th … Deb Strain

February 19th … American Jane

February 20th … Primitive Gatherings

February 21 - Laundry Basket Quilts


Let's all try to make at least one quilt block today.

From my heart.
Sandy

7 comments :

  1. You are such a stinker! I truly believed you painted all these adorable paintings with your feet. Lol! I was thinking how I should just dive in to my quilting especially when someone can paint so beautifully with their feet. Imagine how your paintings must look that were painted by hand. I'm always amazed by the talent of quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I found a couple more! I tell you, I'm obsessive about stuff like this. It's been such a challenge. It would be very interesting for you to show us your previous fabric lines, before the internet was available. I love all of your fall lines especially. I'd love to see all of your older lines. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to make a quilt for OUR OWN bed....SOMEDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting - I can just picture a quilt with multiples of this block. It would be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite painting yet! I can't wait for tomorrow, for I love Deb Strain.

    Just curious...what do you do with all these little paintings? If they are cluttering up your design space, I could very easily take today's painting off your hands. I have absolutely NO clutter in my design space!

    (Does my nose look bigger to you?)

    ReplyDelete