Saturday, February 12, 2011

Moda Pillow Talk Day 12

Welcome to day 12 of Moda's Pillow Talk blog hop.




Today's featured designers are another sister team of Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson of Minick and Simpson. Yes Laurie's name is spelled with and ie at the end not just an i, as it appears on the fabric selvages.
(I thought I would clear that up since my spelling track record is not the best ;--)

Hop on over to their blog and check out their pillow.
I think there is a pretty good chance it will be red, white and blue.

Minick and Simpson are the Queen and Queen of patriotic and red, white and blue.
Their fabric is part of the Quilts of Valor Collection and Under Our Wings program.
What great causes. Read all about it here.

Today's subject will be a flag.
I have titled today's picture…


Flag Day.


Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the painting of the day and link up with Liesl Gibson from Oliver + S.



February 1st … Aneela Hoey

February 2ndBlackbird Designs

February 3rd … Brannock and Patek

February 4thBunny Hill

February 5thCotton Way

February 6thFig Tree

February 7thKansas Troubles

February 8thKate Spain

February 9thKathy Schmitz Studios

February 10thThimbleblossoms

February 11thMe and My Sister Designs

February 12thMinick & Simpson

February 13thOliver + S

February 14thPieces From My Heart

February 15thLaurie & Jessi Jung

February 16thSweetwater

February 17th...Barbara Brackman
February 18thDeb Strain

February 19thAmerican Jane

February 20thPrimitive Gatherings

February 21 - Laundry Basket Quilts



Say a prayer and a big thank you to all the service men and women serving our country.
In their honor fly your flag today.
Or better yet...all of the above...AND make them a quilt too.

From my heart,
Sandy

6 comments :

  1. "Flag Day" gives me a feeling a FUN. Like the polka dot arm/sleeve extending from the side.

    Hurray for the Red, White and Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to tell you how much I have enjoyed seeing your little paintings every day..So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I am enjoying your daily paintings so much. I look at your painting before I look at the daily pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this super-cute lil painting, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete