Saturday, September 10, 2011

Moda Country Fair Blog Hop Day 5

Hello and welcome to day 5 of the Moda Country Fair Blog Hop.




Today's featured designer is Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.
Hop on over to her blog to see the project she has to offer -
I am quite sure you are all going to want to make her project.

The quote of the day is:
My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.
Author Unknown.

If the author is your husband, it is truly your lucky day as Edyta has a project that is ideal for hiding fabric - or should I say ideal for disguising your intent to buy fabric. Make sure you watch her video, it is the only way to get the full effect of her project.

Speaking of fabric, I would like you to meet some friends of mine.


Ivan and Ruth Johnson.
Ivan has passed since this picture was taken
and we miss him and his quilts dearly.
Ivan was an avid quilter right along side Ruth.
Ruth never had to worry about hiding fabric
as Ivan probably bought more fabric than Ruth.
This is just one room of the stash.
And buy the way at 87 Ruth is still buying fabric,
and she cranks out a quilt about every two weeks.

Stop by tomorrow for the quote of the day and to hook up with the girls at Basic Grey.

I think everyone out there in blog land should go out and buy one fat quarter of fabric today.
There would be no need to hide just one fat quarter and think what it would do for the economy.

From my heart,
Sandy

September 6th Sandy Gervais of Pieces from My Heart
September 7th Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
September 8th Barb and Mary from Me and My Sister Designs
September 9th Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms
September 10th Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
September 11th Basic Grey
September 12th Polly and Laurie from Minick and Simpson
September 13th Sandy Klop from American Jane (Post will be featured on Moda's blog)
September 14th Liesl from Oliver + S
September 15th Joanna from Fig Tree and Co.
September 16th Lynne from Kansas Troubles
September 17th Barb and Alma from Blackbird Designs
September 18th Aneela Hoey from Comfortstitching.com
September 19th Barbara Brackman from Barbara Brackman, of course.
September 20th Bonnie from Cotton Way
September 21st Christina from Cabbages and Roses
September 22nd Deb Strain
September 23rd Jan Patek of Brannock and Patek
September 24th Lauren and Jessi Jung
September 25th Stephanie from Lily Ashbury
September 26th Julie from Cosmo Cricket
September 27th Kate Spain
September 28th Karla, Susan and Lisa from Sweetwater
September 29th Kaari from French General
September 30th Lisa from Primitive Gatherings
and the fun continues into October
October 1st Kathy from Kathy Schmitz Studio
October 2nd Liz from Liz Scott Designs

8 comments :

  1. Hi Sandy, Just wanted to thank you for this County Fair...I am learning alot and getting lots of inspiration from your guests...your quote of the day is terrific...i particularly liked the one a few days ago about sisters being the chocolate chips in the cookie of life...so cute! I have 3 sisters and will share this with them...and a batch of cookies! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your suggestion - buy just ONE fat quarter, what harm could that do? It's just one tiny piece of fabric. It's affordable and takes up almost no room at all. And then, the next day, you could buy just one, and the next day, just one........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love going to the Moda Country Fair.
    Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your idea for helping the economy is great...one small step.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ivan and Ruth - so sweet! My Mom is 83 and still quilting - all by hand. Since Dad isn't into spending too much on quilty stuff, I supply her fabric needs. Gives me so much pleasure to give my Mom beautiful fabric to make quilts and she doesn't have to depend on whatever she has on hand. My Mom is my inspiration - love her so much. Thanks for posting about Ivan and Ruth. Makes my heart smile.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops....I think I bought a few (several) other people's daily quota today. I'm not taking any of it back, though!

    ReplyDelete