Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Size Matters Day 5 and Buddy Poppies



Today is Day 5 of Moda's Size Matters blog hop.
Blogging today are  Lauren & Jessie Jung, Kate Spain, Me and My Sister
Hop on over to their blogs to see why size matters to them.

It is also Buddy Poppy Day here in Algona, sponsored by our VFW Post 2541.


I dropped a donation in the box and was given a poppy. I  proudly attached it to my purse in tribute to all who served.
I loved poppy day as a child. I thought the poppies were so cute and red has always been my favorite color. They were made of crepe paper back then. As a child I had no idea what a huge role these pretty little flowers played.
Here is a link that tells the history and the importance of the Buddy Poppy - a trademarked name.
Be sure to buy a Poppy when Buddy Poppy day is in your community.

Tomorrow  Kathy Schmitz, Minick & Simpson, Primitive Gatherings will be blogging.


September 12th … Fig Tree, A Stitch and Dye, Thimbleblossoms

September 13th … Blackbird Designs, Cotton Way, Stephanie Ryan Studio

September 14th … Kansas Troubles, Aneela Hoey


September 4th … Laundry Basket Quilts, French General,  Zen Chic

September 5th … Bunny Hill,  Basic Grey, Sweetwater

September 6th … Jan Patek, Pat Sloan, Pieces From My Heart

September 9th … Deb Strain,  Barbara Brackman, V & Co.

September 10th … Lauren & Jessie Jung, Kate Spain, Me and My Sister

Happy hopping,
From my heart,
Sandy

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to The History of the Poppy, and thank you for proudly wearing it. "Thank you."
    Blessings to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your blog hop very much! Thanks for the poppy post as well.I have always ejoyed poppy day as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR HONORING OUR MEN WHO HAVE SERVED:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sharing the poppy post with my Grandfather he will love that story.
    Keep on creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a poppy in remembrance of my dad, A WW II Army Air Corps vet who always bought poppies when he was alive. Hoping to pass the tradition on to my kids.

    ReplyDelete