Thursday, May 22, 2014

Home Again

To market to market to buy a fat quarter...Home again, home again jiggety-jig. ( I know it does not rhyme ;-)
We are just back from International Quilt market in Pittsburgh.
I missed fall market so it was great to chat with my customers again.

As usual we were kept pretty busy with market and did not have a lot of time to explore Pittsburgh.
We did however stumble upon a great popcorn shop - Pittsburgh Popcorn. One of the flavors of the week was Creamy Salted Caramel. To die for ooey gooey caramel drizzled over salty popcorn - simply the best. I ate the whole bag during the first day of the show.  I wanted another bag but sadly it was a new week and Creamy Salted Caramel was no longer available. But let me tell ya, Chunky Chocolate Caramel is a close second.

I see the week of May 30-June 5th,  the featured popcorn is Dill Pickle. Sounds interesting. I read in their brochure that the feature flavor during November is Stuffing - Would love to get my hands on some of that flavor. I see they ship out, but only their regular flavors not the weekly flavors - darn!

Enough about popcorn - back to business. Here is a look at the quilts using my new line of fabric Rambling Rose featured at Market. These patterns will not ship until October so this is just a tease.







When we left Iowa spring was just starting to appear. The leaves on the trees were just starting to leaf out. We have had a cold miserable spring. Upon arriving home we found warmer weather, leaves on the trees, and the crab apple trees and lilacs in full bloom. Lilacs are my favorite flowers.


I picked a large bouquet and put them in a fruit jar just as my Grammie did every spring.

I had some drawing to do today. It was too nice to be inside. I decided to head to the lake to do my drawing.

Something about the outdoors and water really gets my creative juices flowing… much more than inside a building. The perk of being self employed.

One of the Moda sales reps, Gene Stuart did a little video of each of the designers in their booth. Here is  my video.

If the camera doesn't add 10 pounds, for sure a big bag of ooey gooey Creamy Salted Popcorn will. Yikes!

Until next time.
Sandy 

11 comments :

  1. Sandy, I've always loved your work and thank you for the beautiful shares on this post .... as for the ooey gooey Creamy Salted Popcorn ... YUMMM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make the BIG quilt.. yes I do! It was great to see you Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new patterns but more especially I love the picture of lilacs in the fruit jar. They remind me of my childhood home in Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That popcorn sounds so yummy!!! And the new quilt teasers are yummy too! Happy Spring from Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilts, and especially love the fabric colors! Thanks for the laugh about your office assistant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to make the big quilt and soooo many others with this line! I can't wait until it is in the stores - I plan on buying more than my share. Such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely Sandy. Thanks for chatting to us so we can see you here in Australia. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! These quilts are all gorgeous and so are the fabrics! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well! Of all the videos I've watched I know which one is my fave.... yours! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new fabric and all the quilts in your booth. Goodness but your are so creative! I too have a *Joy* but mine is named *Edith*, she listens too my sometimes colorful chat as I merrily sew quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the updates, and the quilts.

    Can we see more?

    ReplyDelete