Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pumpkins Gone Wild Revisited

It is in the upper 90's here in Iowa.
I usually like summer, but this year the heat has been brutal and I am looking forward to welcoming Less Humidity to Iowa along with the cooler days of fall.

Speaking of fall, do any of you out there remember my Fall 2008 line of fabric?
The line was named Pumpkins Gone Wild.

The fine people at Magnet Works saw the panel from this line

and thought it would adapt well into one of their yard flags.


And with a little rearranging of the pumpkins,

it was adapted into one of their doormats.

I am going to use my doormat at the cabin. It will look great in front of my door which is painted Benjamin Moore Navajo Red...or as I call it, Cinderella Pumpkin Orange. And yes as soon as Less Humidity arrives, I will repaint the porch floor. Looks like that will be an every three years job.

If you are interested in getting a head start on fall decorating, you can go here to find a website or store who carries these items. Like everything these days, these two items will only be available for a limited amount of time - or as the saying goes - get them while you can.

Hope this finds you all staying cool on these hot summer days.

From my heart,

Sandy

5 comments :

  1. Sounds like congratulations are in order. Looks great as door mat. Don't know that I would want to step on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting to see yet another use for your wonderful work. Love them both! Fall is my favorite season to decorate for (I have three boxes of fall decorations alone!) and a welcome mat would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I need to find the source odor the door mats! I have made 5, yes 5, quilts with the Pumpkins Gone Wild so I can give gifts to the recipients of 4 of those quilts. I made 4 extra because my daughters and sister-in-laws kept trying to steal mine. I love this line of fabric so the doormat and yard flags are a necessity.
    WAY TO GO SANDY

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blockswappers used Sandy Gervais' color palette & many of her fabrics from last fall in their row swap quilts. Please come to Blue Earth Area High School, Aug.17-19 for the 29th Annual Upper Midwest Woodcarver & Quilt Expo. See us on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to see this doormat! I absolutely adore your fabric! I have made several wallhangings using your panels from Gobble Gobble and Grand Finale and use them in my entryway. This doormat will be the perfect addition! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete