Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

A new year means a new calendar.
Daughter Abby always gives me a shoe calendar for Christmas.
It features a different shoe for ever day of the year.


Love this one.
Wish I was young enough to
endure the pain that these would cause.
Look at the height of that heel. Yikes!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Other than this little mishap…


ours was picture perfect.
Despite some iffy weather, everyone made it home and back safely.



The annual picture in front of the Christmas tree. (After we set it back up.)


Happy New Year. Here's hoping everything remains upright in your life throughout the year.

From my heart,
Sandy

5 comments :

  1. A friend gave me that calendar a few years ago. I still have it because I loved all of the shoe photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the tree was the worst of your Christmas mishaps!! Happier still that you got to spend time with you family :) Here's to the new year, you're awesome calendar, and me enjoying even more of your wonderful designs and shares :) Happiest New Year wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Sandy! I went to the eye doctor yesterday and I AM GETTING FUNKY GLASSES! They should be ready in two weeks, I'm sooo excited. I wanted red, but I ended up with kind of a colorful tortoise shell on the outside with turquoise on the inside. I am going to look 10 years younger, don't you think???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mean to "gush", but I am amazed to find this morning, that the creator of "awesome" has a blog! That I get to look at! And it is wonderful!
    I am a big fan! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zelda Lawrence-CurranJanuary 16, 2011 at 8:59 PM

    Happy New Year to you!
    Just a quick line to let you know you have a big 9-year-old fan here in the UK - my son - who makes a beeline for all your designs every time I visit a quilting shop with him in tow. And what is my first project for 2011?? A crazy quilt for him in some Pumpkins Gone Wild fabric I was fortunate enough to find (he already has ones in Fresh Squeezed, Awesome and Gobble Gobble!). He is already wriggling in anticipation and keeps bugging me to get on with his 'pumpkin quilt' - of course there is NOTHING more important in my schedule than that, now, is there??

    OH ... and we had a similar experience with the Christmas tree too - because our black kitten Oscar decided HE was the only thing exciting enough to be given pride of place at the very top. Result = one toppled tree and very confused but thankfully undamaged kitten. He confined himself to curling up in the lower branches thereafter!

    ReplyDelete